'Mysteries of the Light' rosary from Italy! A wonderful and beautiful rosary and Catholic gift from Italy! Featuring the beautiful 'Mysteries of Light' crucifix.
On October 16 2002, (the beginning of the twenty-fifth year of Pope’s Pontificate) Pope John Paul II announced the addition of five new "mysteries of light" to the centuries' old devotion of the rosary. He also announced the beginning of the "Year of the Rosary" which will extend from mid-October 2002 to October 2003.
The five new luminous mysteries, which are to be recited on Thursdays, are:
1)Christ's baptism in the Jordan River.
2)The marriage of Cana.
3)Christ's announcement of the kingdom of God
5)The institution of the Eucharist at the Last Supper.
In his Apostolic Letter, the Pope said that he did not wish to change the rosary, but to contribute to its evolution as a prayer form.
The Mysteries of Light - "Mysteries in which the Kingdom is revealed in the person of Jesus."
1. Baptism in the Jordan - As Jesus descended into the waters, the Heavens were opened and the mystery further revealed. The Father and Holy Spirit are present, and John the Baptist testifies that "this is the one." Jesus, who did not know sin, submitted to the Baptism of John as righteousness. May we humbly follow the teachings of the Church out of a desire to fulfill the Will of the Father. "Let it be so for now, it is proper to do this to fulfill all righteousness."
2. The Wedding at Cana - The first sign is accomplished at the request of the first believer in Jesus, Mary. We learn that Jesus cares for our needs and responds to our pleas. Mary teaches us to "do whatever he tells you." May we remember that prayer is the first step in the best results, and that confident obedience is the best action we can take. "He did not realize where the wine had come from, but the servants who had drawn the water knew. He called the bridegroom aside and said ... you have saved the best until now."
3. Proclaiming the Kingdom - Jesus proclaims the Kingdom of God, calls us to conversion, "and forgives the sins of all who draw near to him in humble trust." (RVM) This mystery continues to the end of the world, as the Body of Christ continues to preach the Gospel to all the earth. May we preach the Good News always, most especially by our actions in everyday life. "Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." "By this will they know you are mine, by your love for one another."
4. The Transfiguration - Most truly a mystery of light, the Transfiguration revealed more about Jesus, and strengthened the Apostles in anticipation of the coming sufferings. The face of Jesus shone like the Sun, and the Father reminds those present, "This is my Son, my chosen, listen to him." In the presence of such Glory, the Apostles do not know what to say. May we turn our thoughts to the Glory of Christ often, and practice the contemplation that comes from being speechless in the awesome presence of God. "He did not know what to say..."
5. The Institution of the Eucharist - In his perfect love, Jesus gave himself to his own under the appearance of bread and wine. This utterly new gift of God to us, a perfect sacrifice on our behalf, reveals the depth of His love, the love that gives his life itself to us. The Apostles could not fully grasp this until later, and they have passed that knowledge on to our generation. May we receive the gift of the Eucharist with sweet gratitude and deep devotion, and so be transformed into the shape of Christ. "This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."
FREE Luminous Rosary and FREE Prayer Card included with Mysteries of Light Rosary from Italy!
Mysteries of the Light Rosary 15" long, 1" Mysteries of the Light Crucifix, 5mm pearlized beads, comes with prayer booklet and pouch.